Friday, July 15, 2011

Baby Meatloaf

You have to make these today!  These were a childhood favorite of mine.  They were probably the second favorite dish my mom made.  Second, only to yummy chicken fried steak!  We would eat with baked potatoes and glazed carrots.  Oh so so good.  I still make them to this day and my hubby loves them as much as I do and our son enjoys them too!  Anyone any of my family members have made these for has also loved them.  They are so quick and easy that you’ll have plenty of time to spare.

Recipe taken from – My Mom

1 lb hamburger meat (some of my family use turkey meat)
1 small onion, chopped
1 small can evaporated milk
1 egg
¾ c oatmeal
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Combine above ingredients.  Mix well.  Make into balls the size of your fist.  (usually makes 4-5)  Put into greased 9x13 dish.  Combine sauce ingredients.  Put equal amounts on baby meat loaves before placing into oven.  Cook approximately 45 minutes.

Sauce: *
*Bear with me because I guesstimate when making this so I do not know the accurate measurements. One time I cooked them I tried to measure it out and this is what I came up with me….sorry if it’s more than needed!

4 Tbsp Catsup
2 tsp Mustard
4 Tbsp Brown Sugar

If you make no other recipe on this blog PLEASE at least give these a try.  I promise they won’t disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment