Monday, July 11, 2011

Chicken With A Twist

Another crock-pot meal…yay!  This was super easy to throw together.  I served it with potatoes, bread, and corn.  It turned out good.  I would make it again for sure.  It screamed of something Mexican for leftovers so I made some tacos for lunch.  I had flour tortillas, sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, and corn.  I wish I would have had an avocado!  It was yummy like that too.  And best of all the little monster liked it too which is always a plus!

I used 3 boneless skinless breasts (2lbs) instead of buying bone in with skin.  Everything else I kept the same.  I cooked mine for approx 8.5 hours, I think 7 would probably work.

Recipe taken from – W.M.U Centennial Cookbook (1988)

4 to 6 chicken breast, skinned
¼ c chopped onion
2 Tbsp butter
Juice of 1 lemon
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp thyme
¼ tsp paprika
Garlic powder to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Place chicken in crock-pot.  Add all the other ingredients, letting them fall in and around chicken.  Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.  Good company recipe.

Tired of the same old chicken recipes then give this a go and use your imagination on how to serve it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment