Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oatmeal Crispy Cookies

I finally got a new hand mixer after having been without one for a year and a half and what better way to break it in than by making some cookies!  I tagged this recipe when going through my cookbooks because I thought it sounded similar to my favorite cookies and I’m a sucker for oatmeal.  Well it turns out it’s one ingredient shy of my favorite cookies!  They turned out very yummy as usual and I could eat probably a dozen in one day.  Trust me they are that good!  I really have eaten six in one day, what can I say I was nursing and needed the extra calories.  Hmmm…I think I could still eat that many and am not nursing any longer.  Houston we have a problem!!  Our son loved them too!  He wouldn't take a second bite of daddy's chocolate chip cookies but has fits for mine!!:)

I use half old fashioned oats and half quick cooking oats for different texture.  I also only used ½ c of pecans and no raisins.  This was my first time to use pecans and they were a good addition.  But if you don’t have any trust me they are just as good without.  I roll into logs on wax paper and store half in the fridge and half in the freezer to be a quick indulgent snack every now and then or maybe every other day!

Recipe taken from - W.M.U Centennial Cookbook (1988)

1 c Crisco
1 c brown sugar, packed
1 c white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ c flour
1 tsp salt
3 c uncooked oats
1 c pecans and/or raisins

Mix first 5 ingredients.  Add dry ingredients, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.  Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.

Please give these yummy cookies a try.  Either this version or my favorite cookie version!

No comments:

Post a Comment