Thursday, August 18, 2011

Green Enchiladas


I was taking a risk that these enchiladas would be good when I made them and they were!  Call me crazy but I made them for the first time taking them to friends for dinner.  Luckily they were good or I would have been embarrassed.  I chose these because they looked super easy and they were easier than any enchilada recipe I have.

I followed the recipe except for I seasoned my meat with salt, pepper, garlic, Tony’s, and cumin.  Everything else was the same.  I got 9 enchiladas using flour tortillas.  The topping seemed to make a lot but I guess it wasn’t too much because no one complained.

My mom made a note by this recipe to substitute chicken for beef.  Maybe next time I’ll try that out!

Recipe taken from – Heart of the Home (1982)

1 lb Monterey Jack cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can green chilies, drained
8 oz. sour cream
1 lb ground meat
1 onion, chopped
10 flour or corn tortillas
Dash of oregano
Cumin and garlic powder

Grate cheese, chop chilies and mix with soup and sour cream.  Mix well and set aside.  Brown ground meat with onions; add spices.  Put portion of meat mixture in each tortilla and roll up.  Pout in 9x13 in baking dish.  Pour sauce over top.  Bake 20-30 minutes at 350.  Makes 10.

Looking for an easy enchilada recipe then this one is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment