Monday, August 22, 2011

Lemon Squares


We were craving something sweet one night so I was looking for an easy recipe to make from one of my cookbooks and this one sounded easy enough.  I like most lemon desserts so when I saw this one in the cookbook and with a star by it from my mom I thought I’d mark it to try.  It was interesting when I started pulling out all the ingredients.  Not at all what I thought….I didn’t read the ingredients beforehand just the title!  Even though it’s not your typical lemon square it was yummy.  Hubby gave it a 10!

The only change I made was I used 1 c of coconut because that’s all I had!

Recipe taken from – Heart of the Home (1982)

Pastry:
1 ½ c flour
½ c brown sugar
1 stick butter

Filling:
2 eggs
1 c brown sugar
1 ¼ c coconut
½ c chopped pecans
2 Tbsp flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla

Glaze:
1 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 c powdered sugar

Mix pastry ingredients to fine crumbs.  Pat into 9x13x2 inch pan.  Bake 10 minutes at 275 degrees.  Beat eggs well and add rest of ingredients.  Pour over pastry.  Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Mix glaze ingredients and pour over baked cookies while still hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment