Thursday, August 25, 2011

Easy Swiss Steak


Another Crock Pot meal…yay!  This one was simple and easy.  I just threw it all in the pot together and then gave it a good stir and let it cook away.  It turned out really good.  We actually served it as tacos with all the fixins .  But I can see that it would be very yummy over potatoes…we’ll probably give that a try next time.

I used diced tomatoes and my steak was thin.  I don’t know if you can even by an inch thick cube steak!?..

Recipe taken from – Thalian Society’s Cookbook

2 lbs. beef round steak, 1 inch thick
1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes
1 tsp. pepper
1 sm. Onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt

Pound steak with meat mallet if not tenderized.  Trim off excess fat.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cut into serving pieces.  Place in crock pot.  Add tomatoes and onions.  Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.  Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.

Try this tender steak and make your own dinner combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment