Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Recipe for a Happy Marriage

I love it!  I think we all need a little reminder ever now and then of precious marriage is and what a gift from God it is.  I would add 1 gallon of prayer to this "recipe".  I've heard that no one is going to pray for you more than your mom and spouse.  (which I believe)  So, if you don't pray for your spouse daily start today because if you're not praying for them they may not be getting prayed for regularly.

Recipe taken from – Texas State Foster Parents (1989)

1 c consideration
1 c courtesy
2 c milk of human kindness
2 c flattery, carefully concealed
1 gal faith in God and each other
2 c praise
1 small pinch of in-laws
1 reasonable budget
1 generous dash of cooperation
3 tsp pure extract of “I am sorry”
1 c contentment
1 c confidence
1 large or several small hobbies
1 c blindness to each other’s faults

No comments:

Post a Comment