Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Strawberry Bread



This bread was very easy and yummy!  I had some fresh strawberries that we had picked a couple months ago still frozen so I thought this would be a perfect recipe to use them for.  My son helped me make it and we had it made and in the oven in probably twenty minutes.  At the end of the process he finally discovered we were dealing with strawberries and wanted to eat them but luckily I had some extras!  I baked it in a Bundt pan for 63 minutes and then left it in the pan to cook a little longer for about 3 minutes.  Then I dumped it out and it came out great.  I did spray it heavily though because I didn’t want it sticking and falling apart.  I omitted the pecans and used canola oil in place of vegetable oil.  The best thing about this cake is it’s all done by hand so you don’t have to dirty up a mixer!

Recipe taken from – Texas State Foster Parent’s Incorporated Cookbook (1989)
3 c flour
2 c sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 ¼ c vegetable oil
2 c sliced frozen or fresh strawberries
1 c chopped pecans

Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.  In separate bowl, mix together eggs and oil then add strawberries and pecans.  Blend into dry ingredients (by hand) and pour into greased and floured loaf or Bundt pans.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.  Garnish with sifted powdered sugar when cool, if desired.

Fresh Strawberries are currently in season so the next time they’re on sale buy some and give this recipe a try!  You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment