Thursday, June 23, 2011

Applesauce Oat Muffins

The name of these muffins caught my eye so I thought I’d give them a try.  Again, we were taking our friends dinner that had just had a baby boy so I wanted to give them something to munch on for a snack or breakfast.  I try to do what I want and I know I was always starving after I had my cutie!  Anyways, I thought the muffins were just ok.  They were not sweet enough to my taste!  My hubby liked them and our toddler thought they were good too.  I’m not sure what our friends thought but hopefully they liked them.

I followed the recipe as stated except for canola oil.  I think I baked mine closer to 22 minutes.

Recipe taken from – Wish Cookbook*

2 c Cheerios cereal, crushed (about 1 c)
1 ¼ c all-purpose flour
1/3 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
1 c applesauce
1/3 c skim milk
½ c raisins
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg white.

Heat oven to 400.  Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups (2 ½ x 1 ¼ inch).  Mix cereal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl.  Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened.  Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.  Bake until golden brown about 18 to 22 minutes.

If you’re looking for a less sweet muffin and love raisins then these are for you.

*  This is from the Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.  This is an amazing organization that was established to grant wishes of children between the ages of 2 ½ and 18 who have life threatening or terminal illness.  My family benefited through this amazing organization and we will be forever grateful.  If you ever are in need of a charity to donate to please keep them in mind as they help kids dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment