Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Strawberry Cooler

If you ever need a recipe for any type of punch to do at a wedding/baby shower just let me know and I have you covered!  All of the cookbooks have plenty of punch recipes.  I’m not trying them because me and my hubby can’t drink a whole thing of punch but this one wasn’t really a punch more of just a drink.  Therefore, I thought I’d give it a try.

I left out the strawberries just for convenience.  And I’m not sure what the accurate measurement for the lemonade is so I just pour three quarters of it in the mix!

The first time we made it is when we had family in town and the young boys loved it.  The second time we made it was just for us because my hubby wanted it again.  The second time I decided to buy some ginger ale to add to it and that addition made it less sweet which was a good thing because it’s pretty sweet on its own.  My husband however preferred it without the addition.  I just added the ginger ale to taste in the glass.

Recipe taken from – Heritage Cookbook (1976)

1 (.3 oz) pkg. strawberry gelatin
1 c boiling water
1 c cold water
1 c pineapple juice
1 c frozen lemonade (diluted by directions)
2 c crushed or sliced strawberries

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.  Add cold water, pineapple juice, lemonade and strawberries.  Mix well; chill.  Serve over ice in glasses.  Yield 10 servings.

Give this drink a try this summer.  It’ll make a great addition to a picnic spread! 

No comments:

Post a Comment