Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Balls


I first had these when we were going to meetings preparing for our mission trip to Russia.  Our team leader made them for us and it was love at first bite!  Especially for my husband, he would always request these for our meetings.  A lot of you know that I'm not a big chocolate person but these have a very thin coat so it's more peanut butter than anything so I can live with the small amount of chocolate on them for the delicious peanut butter taste.

We made these the other night in hopes of taking them to our small group gathering but they just didn't get done in time.  It's a shame really because now I feel compelled to eat 4-5 a day so that not one goes to waste!!  (I've already eaten 2 today!)

I use semi-sweet chocolate chips.  My double boiler is a glass bowl setting on top of a pot with boiling water.  Hey, it works!

Recipe taken from - Our friend Sue  (there is a recipe in the Hearts of the Home cookbook as well and I'll share the few differences)

1 cup peanut butter
2 3/4 c powder sugar
1/2 c butter, softened
1/4 block paraffin
1 (6 oz) package chocolate chips

Cream Peanut butter, sugar, and butter.  Roll into balls and stick with toothpicks.  Refrigerate overnight (a couple of hours is sufficient).  Melt paraffin and chocolate chips in a double boiler.  Dip each ball into chocolate.  Then remove toothpicks.  Drizzle chocolate over toothpick holes.  Chill.  Makes approx 3 dozen.

The recipe in the cookbook used 1 cup of butter and 1 tsp of vanilla.  I would be interested to see the difference in taste but I can't bring myself to add another whole stick of butter!

If you’re a lover of peanut butter and chocolate then these yummy treats are a must try.  They will stay good for a week or so and you could also freeze them taking a few out when you want a tasty snack.  But my guess is they won’t last but a couple of days…a week max!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment