Monday, June 20, 2011

Sausage Quiche

I don’t think I’ve ever made a quiche not to say I don’t like them I just never have made one.  So, I saw this one in one of the cookbooks and with trying new recipes I marked it to try.  It seemed very easy and it was.  It took no time at all to prepare.  We served it with biscuits and jam for dinner and then ate it for lunch the next day with fruit.

The only thing I may do different next time is pre cook the crust a little because it didn’t get done on the bottom and I love crust on anything.  I probably will use half or three quarters of the sausage.  One pound was quite a lot not overwhelming it just could be less.

Recipe taken from – Heart of the Home (1982)

1 lb bulk pork sausage
½ c onion, chopped
1 ½ c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp flour
1 pie crust shell
2 eggs, beaten
1 small can evaporated milk
2 tsp parsley flakes

Preheat oven to 375.  Fully cook sausage.  Drain very well.  Combine sausage, onion, cheese and flour.  Mix well.  Spread in unbaked pie crust shell.  Beat together eggs, evaporated milk and parsley flakes.  Slowly pour over sausage mixture.  Bake on baking sheet 35-40 minutes or until filling is set.

Try this breakfast for dinner recipe to shake things up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment