Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chocolate Brownies

We were taking food to some friends who just had a baby and I wanted to take a dessert as well because I know I wanted dessert after I had my son!  Hmm…and I still do!  So, I decided to try out another brownie recipe because most people like brownies (just not me!).  My hubby said they were good so I have to trust his judgment!  He thought they might even be better than the previous ones. 

I followed the recipe as stated.  My only note is to make sure you do not scramble your eggs.  Stir constantly as you put them in the hot chocolate mixture.  I wasn’t going to transfer to another bowl but when I felt how hot everything was I decided I better just in case.  Oh, and the color is a bit interesting as they come out because it’s not the typical dark brown it’s more of a light brown.  I used milk chocolate morsels if that maybe had something to do with it?!...

Recipe taken from – Heart of the Home (1982)


¾ c flour
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1/3 c butter
¾ c sugar
2 Tbsp water
1 (12 oz) pkg. chocolate morsels
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
½ c chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 325.  In a small bowl, combine flour, soda and salt; set aside.  In small saucepan, combine butter, sugar and water.  Bring to a boil.  Remove from heat.  Add 1 cup chocolate morsels and vanilla.  Stir until they have melted.  Transfer to bowl.  Add eggs, one at a time.  Beat well after each addition.  Blend in flour mixture gradually.  Stir in remaining morsels and nuts.  Spread into greased 9 inch baking pan and bake at 325 for 35 minutes.  Cool and cut into squares for serving.  

1 comment:

  1. Haylee you are so good; you even cook the stuff you don't like!!!! So admirable

    ReplyDelete