Friday, June 24, 2011

Smothered Steak

This was a recipe by mistake!  I had this page marked for another recipe but for some reason when I was making the grocery list I thought I wanted to do this one so I bought the stuff to make it.  After I made it I went to highlight it on my master list and to my surprise it wasn’t on there.  Oops!  I was very leery when making it wondering why I put it on the list!!  (you’ll see why when you read the recipe!)  I can’t say it was a happy mistake but it wasn’t a bad one.  My hubby said he’d eat it again.  He said it was poor man’s pot roast.  If I did it again I think I would leave out the flour which made it kinda slimy and I would season it more.

Recipe taken from - Thalian’s Society Cookbook

Sm. Round steak
1 med onion, sliced thin
1 c. flour
Water
Salt and pepper, to taste

Salt and pepper steak to taste.  Sprinkle flour on both side of steak.  Brwon steak in small amount of oil.  Place sliced onions on top of steak.  Drain grease.  Add water to cover steak.  Simmer for 2 hours, covered.

If you’re feeling adventurous give this recipe a try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment