Monday, June 27, 2011

Mexican Wedding Cookies


There was a star next to these cookies so I knew I would have to give them a try.  They were super easy and super yummy!  My hubby took his first bite and said they were good then his second bite they were really good and then by the third bite they were delicious!  My husband made the comment when tasting the dough, quality controlJ that they were like sandies.  Sure enough when they came out of the oven that’s what they were.  It didn’t click for me before. 

I cooked mine for 15 minutes and that was perfect.  I did just two at first to make sure and I was disappointed there were only two because they were so good I wanted the next one right away but we had to wait patiently!  Also, she says to “drop” them on the cookie sheet I just used a cookie scoop and that worked perfectly.  I think it made about two dozen cookies.

Recipe taken from – Hearts of the Home (1982)

½ c butter
½ c plus 2 Tbsp shortening
1 c powder sugar
2 c flour
1 c pecans
2 tsp vanilla

Chop pecans coarsely.  Cream butter and shortening.  Beat in sugar, then flour, vanilla and pecans.  Mix well and drop.  Bake at 350 for 15-21 minutes.

Give these six ingredient cookies a try.  They’ll be done and in the oven in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment